Engagement, activity and wellbeing are cornerstones of day-to-day life at Oakdale homes.
Our dedicated Lifestyle Manager will spend time getting to know you – your interests and needs, and your goals. Together we will create your personal activity plan, so you can get the most out of your day.
We focus on the physical, mental, spiritual, therapeutic and social aspects of health and wellbeing, and our activities range from one-to-one sessions to group events such as our dynamic Oomph workouts, which enhance a healthy lifestyle. Why not try Thai Chi or chair yoga to improve and maintain your core strength. Alternatively gentle reminiscence sessions in the garden might be your thing. Either way, our aim is to encourage and empower you to pursue what you enjoy and makes you feel good, and to become an active part of our vibrant community.
Our residents have a lot of input into what is on offer and they let us know, discussing their ideas and preferences in their monthly activities committee meeting. And, if there’s something you’d like to do that hasn’t been offered yet, just let us know – this is your home and we’re here to help!
All activities are delivered by the whole home team, which means everyone’s involved. And, we love to see family and friends to take part as well – they can step in as a dance partner, serve at one of our pop-up restaurants, or enjoy a trip down memory lane with you over a photo album – everyone is welcome.
USEFUL LINKS & RESOURCES
- Dedicated Lifestyle Manager
- Personal abilities, interests and needs assessed and catered for
- Monthly activities choices driven by resident input
- Family members encouraged to get involved
- Physical and emotional wellbeing are key
- Creative, innovative and stimulating activities for the mind and body, both indoor and outdoor
- Encouragement and empowerment
- Social engagement across the community